Saturday, October 18, 2008

A BIG DAY

It started off when I was sitting right here drinking my coffee and gearing myself up for some early morning housework.

The phone rang. "I went off and forgot to.... blah, blah, blah... and if it doesn't get in the mail by 4 o'clock... blah, blah, blah."

That "deleted" the housework right off the bat. And doing the laundry. And a few other little things I was going to take care of BEFORE Jef and Jeni arrived from Huntsville for us to celebrate Autumn's first birthday.





I was still in the midst of "partying" when another phone call came. Had I found all the information I needed? Was the form filled out? Was it going to make it to the post office before 4 o'clock (last mail pickup at the Whitesburg Post Office). "It has to get TO MONTGOMERY by Monday." So I stopped partying and took care of that need, then drove into Huntsville to mail it.

I was afraid I was going to completely miss Thomas and Carolyn's 50th wedding shindig but I got back by four so I went on over.


They had a very nice celebration and a whole lot of folks came. I know they were very pleased.

When I got back home, for some strange reason, I felt completely drained.... so I sacked out on the couch. Even with all the racket the kids were making, I was able to catch a few winks. Then I got up and heated up some of the macaroni and cheese that I had left from Josh's rehearsal dinner. It freezes very well and kids like macaroni and cheese so I fed all of us JUST that. I really liked that stuff.

Then Jef and Jeni packed up all the kids and headed on home. I decided it would be a good time to try that icing technique the used-to-be-a-therapist customer had told me about yesterday. I was happy with the results so I ran right up to Dollar General to buy me some more small styrofoam cups. (I could find only one here last night when I wanted to be sure and freeze a cup over night so I'd have it today.)

Oh, did I mention that my boss had said if I could work some overtime today, it would be needed. I had thought I'd go in at four but at some point, I decided there was NO WAY I was going to fit that in.

I enjoyed my whole day. It was nice having the grandkids around on my day off.

The BIG thing I meant to get done today fell through the cracks-- sales tax. I'll have to get up real early in the morning and start that and finish it up in the afternoon.

I got a call from an old (actually young) neighbor who moved off to Kansas. She's going to be in the vicinity tomorrow so I invited her for lunch. Josh and Tesia were coming to eat with me on "Shane and Ginger's Sunday" but Ginger begged off because of other commitments. I was going to have Josh, Tesia and Josiah, so the old friend turned up at an opportune time. I don't fix Sunday dinner except on the weeks I have Ginger and family.

No comments: