Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011 Has Come and Gone

It really did close in on me.


I was off on Monday and Tuesday, but had to work the rest of the week.   Of course, Wednesday was filled up between work and church.  Then on Thursday I worked daytime, 9 to 4.  I tried to finish up my shopping after work that day.     Then on Friday I didn't go in until two but I can't remember that I accomplished much.  I had intended to bake bread as Christmas gifts, but I didn't do that.  I think Jeni had a friend that decided to drop by for a visit.  I had gone to Arab to mail a letter and to get some things from Walmart.     One o'clock-- my time for leaving for work-- came quickly.  


On Saturday, I intended to wrap gifts, do my laundry, and bake bread.   The dryer went out and I ended up having to hang out clothes.  I sorted my gifts and realized I was short one, so I had to go shopping again.    This and that.  That and this.  And before I knew it, it was time for me to go to work again.     


When I got home I was tired because at work I had worked furiously in seasonal and I really hadn't eaten anything that had staying power.    I didn't get much done that evening either.  I did put together the fruit baskets that I was giving to my kids.  


Meemuh with Lexi, Daxton,Braxton, Felisia, Cathleen & Caleb


My brother Fred
Sunday, of course, was church.    And afterwards we had our family gathering for a meal.   We had a very pleasant time together.  Felicia got a good picture of me with their kiddies.  And she also had a very good one of my brother that she had taken while he was there with them (when I was at church).

Then afterwards, I took a nap.   Cathi called in the evening, so I got a chance to talk to her for awhile.   And I called Blake and made arrangements to meet with him on Tuesday, my day off this week, to go shopping and get his Christmas gift.


I was back at work at nine this morning and spent the day either working in seasonal or on the registers.   I feel like a LOAD HAD BEEN LIFTED OFF ME to get out of the scrapbooking department.  I've not had to do an order in three weeks.   I haven't had to do any of the things that are required when you are a department head.   I just go to work and work, then come home.  I'm actually enjoying my work again.   Hopefully that will continue to be the case and I can just keep this job as long as I can work... so that I will have the extra income.  


I'm happy as long as I can go to church on Wednesday nights and I  can pay my bills.   So far so good.


Jef and Jeni have a nibbler for their house.  I know they would be glad to get it sold and be able to start on their new home.    Hopefully that will work out for them.

No comments: