Sunday, December 4, 2011

Enjoyed ONE Week of Being Part Time

Then this week's schedule was posted and I'm there for FIVE days. Oh, well. I'm consoling myself with the thought that at least I get to go to church on Wednesday night.


I'm pretty sure I know why I'm getting so many hours. We are COVERED UP in business. Many customers have told me that we are having more business than they have seen in any store they've been in. Coupled with all that business, making things more difficult for us floor people has been the fact that the manager made the decision to not hire extras for Christmas. (We always hire extras.) She decided to just give more time to the part time people she already had. I think she thought they'd like to have the extra hours.


So this week I'm working every day but Tuesday. And I got a call on my cell phone at close to 8PM on Saturday evening from the place where I work... which by the time I answered no one responded to... I mulled that over. I mean, who would have called? I wasn't sure. And when you call into a place where any number of people may have called you, it's hard to know who to ask for. So I decided I'd just give a quick call back and if it was from someone sitting in the office, they'd surely pick right up. Well, that didn't happen and I hung up after four rings because that meant a floor person was going to have to grab the call and they'd have no idea who called me. Later it came to me that perhaps the person who is supposed to be taking over crafts called so I texted her and asked if she had. She said it was probably [the manager] because she was having a lot of people come in at six on Monday morning. I'm already scheduled for 8, an hour earlier than I normally go in. I'm guessing the rest of the scrapbooking freight did NOT get out and the order did NOT get started. She had said she'd get someone else to start it.


On the home front, on Friday evening I went straight from work to Tim's to watch "the babies" while he went to coach the kids in basketball. Felicia wanted to go watch and they didn't want to take the babies. I volunteered to go back on Saturday for the second practice which would be mid afternoon.


On Saturday morning, after piddling around here for awhile, I went to Arab to buy me some cans of soup for lunch next week. I also got my flu shot at Walgreen's. By the time I got home, it was time to go to Tim's.  When I got back from Tim's I didn't do much I guess because I can't remember any of it.


Jef and Jeni had got the call that their dogs were ready, so they took a trip to pick them up.
These guys are only six weeks old.   Can you imagine how huge they are going to be?




Jeni love Great Pyrenees.  But she had the alternative plan to use them to help protect her goats, etc. when they move to the new "homestead".  So Jef's day -- and Jeni's -- were taken up by going to pick up the dog at The Old Fart's Farm in Springville, Al  (wherever that is).  They took the kids along. 
Sam and Zeta
Jeni and Copernicus

No comments: