Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year Has Begun

This has been a really busy week for me.   For one thing, I took my first off day this week to spend some time with Blake and take him Christmas shopping.  My time was so full before Christmas, I just couldn't figure out how to work it in and give him plenty of time.  So on Tuesday, I drove to Madison and picked him up. We ate "breakfast"-- which was actually lunch -- at McDonald's.  His choice.  I had suggest IHOP. 


Blake is growing up....  


He wanted a PC game.  He called GameStop and they didn't have it.  We went to Walmart where the selection on PC games was very slim.  Then we went to Best Buy.   

He spent quite a bit of time looking through what they had before deciding on what he wanted.   When I took him back home, I went in and talked to him grandparents for awhile.     So that pretty much wiped out My Day Off. 


The day was productive in a good way because being with Blake was important to me, but there was still plenty I needed to do to get ready for company coming in at the end of the week.   I went by Walmart and bought some frozen dinner items so we'd not have to wonder what we were going to fix for that.  I was going to be at work right up until church time and I didn't want Jeni to have to wonder what she was going to fix for "my" company.   


Then the week really got fast.    I got up at 4:30 on Wednesday morning to try and do some more before going into work at nine.   Then, of course, on Wednesday night the meeting began.  


On Thursday, I had a mammogram scheduled at 4PM  and church started at six... so once again, my schedule was tight.   And Sister Ellen and her children came in that evening.  So we've had a house full ever since. 


Sister Ellen is a social butterfly and she always likes to invite people over to usher in the new year.  As it turned out, last night we had more children than we did adults because the ones who came had children in tow.  But it was all good. 


We ate pancakes and ham.  I added apples to the ones we adults ate.  It was good.  But by ten o'clock I was really tired so we decided to bring in the New Year on Atlantic Standard time.   My company left and I got ready for bed.   It was still midnight before I finally hit the sack, but I did get a little "down time" to myself before doing that.


Now I need to go see who needs to eat breakfast.  Church begins at 10:30.  

No comments: