The play-- No Where to Hide-- was magnificent. Our homeschoolers did a great job and I was amazed that someone I KNOW could write such a good play. They worked hard and they deserve commendation for their efforts. It was interspersed with songs that were worked into the story. We have some very talented young folks who sing VERY well.
On Sunday we had our "going away day" for a young brother at church. He preached in the morning service but the second service gave an opportunity for the saints to express themselves to him. I don't think I've ever been in a more enlightening service. When it was over, I thought to myself, "I generally hear about the good someone has done down through lives only after they die, at their funeral. It is so refreshing and wonderful to get an insight into the good things these two have done for years without me even knowing about most of it." It reminded me of many, many years ago when I was at the visitation for Bro. Rudy Compton. I knew that he had made me feel like I was special to him in so many ways, but I didn't realize until that visitation when we all got together and talked about him that he did that for everyone. I was so amazed that someone could so quietly (without fanfare) make so many different people feel like he cared so much about them. This service on Sunday reminded me of that. Those two have shared their love in a whole lot of PRACTICAL ways for years (without fanfare).
The next day I went back to have my mammogram redone in the area of concern. After doing it and it was examined, it was decided I also needed an ultrasound. (The results of that--which I found out on Tuesday-- were that I probably had a cyst but I should be checked again in six months.)
When I got home on Monday from having the mammogram, I was given the message that the co-manager from work called. When I returned his call, I learned that he wanted me to work on Tuesday and Friday (in addition to the two days I was already scheduled) in fabrics as one of the full timers there had to go to Florida unexpectedly to see about her elderly mother. So that gave me more hours for the week.
On Monday evening, I kept Daxton and Braxton so that Felicia would be free to watch Tim and "the littles" at the game they played. (Tim in their coach.) Daxton is very attached to his parents. It takes a while to get him comforted after they leave. If he doesn't actually cry, he still looks like he's lost his best friend.
On the home front, the kids were all coming down with a virus that was causing them to throw up. I decided my best protection was to stay clear of them as much as possible. I've ALWAYS hung out in my own room anyway, so that was not a big change, but I decided for further caution, I'd eat out. So I went to the Sugar Shack on Tuesday to eat and on Wednesday, I ate at Taco Bell.
Got the word at about 5:30 on Wednesday that Bro. Thomas mother had passed. She would have been 101 in about four days. She had lived with him and he and Carolyn cared for her for four years. Since they both have health problems, it has been taxing, but they were happy to do it. His brother helped and Cindy and Tammy did much to help out.
I enjoyed my work week. There was a whole lot of variety in it. I loved the variety in my job when I first started working at this place. And that's what I'm back to now. Hopefully, they'll keep giving me enough hours that I won't have difficulty making ends meet.
On Thursday evening I went to the Dollar Store and bought a book that I started reading. It's about the street children of Vietnam. It reminds me of the last book I bought at the Dollar Store in that it has opened up my eyes to the lives of a whole group of people that I knew nothing about the day to day lives they lived. The other one, The Outside Boy, was about Irish "travellers", who we know as gypsies. It was just as enlightening. I'm still reading the Dragon House book. It's a good bit longer than the other one was and, truthfully, sometimes I've had to just stop reading it because I got "scared" about what was going to happen to the children.
On Friday, I volunteered myself to watch the kids so Jef and Jeni could go out. She'd had to deal with the sick kids and some other stuff that was wearing on her. And Jef was out of town Thursday night. On Saturday, I went back to Tim's and kept the babies again. His game was at nine a.m. and there was another one he wanted to watch that followed. Then he wanted to go get his taxes done. So, I was there from about 8:30 until almost two. I came home and went back to my book.
Sunday was very refreshing. Messages that I feel like I need to dig into deeper and not miss the good that was in them.
This week I've been scheduled to work only two days. On Monday morning I had business in town but when I got back I decided to work on the road to see if I could get the water to drain that was pooling around the mailbox. Then it was time to see what I could do about the mess I've piled up in my bedroom. (I've used my bedroom as a place to chunk things to get them out of the way and there's no chunk room left.) So, I worked on that awhile, then went back to Tim's to keep the babies because they had another game. Afterwards, I came home and went to bed with my book.
Today, I'm off all day and there are no other commitments. I have nothing else on my agenda, except perhaps a drive to the post office to mail my W-2s to my brother so he can do my taxes, so I hope I can make more headway today in getting some of the "chunks" out of my bedroom. And finish my book, Dragon House, about the street children of Vietnam.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment