For the first time since I started work, I have a day off when inventory is being done! I won't have to be there and experience the tension, run to the get the "PRICE CHECK!", check the tags to make sure some Rgis person is not talking better than they are adding. Nope, today I am home.
Today I HAVE TO get a scrapbook page done--if it's going into the going-away album. This is the very last day I can do that. Tomorrow is send off day. A young man, a year younger than Jef, in our congregation is going to Tulsa to pastor the work there. Tomorrow we're having our last service with him here.
So, high on the agenda will be putting that page together today. Then tonight I'm going to the play, No Where to Hide, acted out at the Whole Backstage in Guntersville by the homeschoolers. It ran for two nights, but I worked last night. The play was written by someone who goes to church with me. The comments on Facebook after the first night are rating it a huge success.
On Monday morning I go back for a re-take on my mammogram, and possibly a follow up ultra sound. I'm not nervous about it, but I confess that it does cross my mind how quickly Sister Teresa left us after she found out for sure what was inside of her. However, I also think of the MANY, MANY who find out there is cancer and have it removed and keep on going. There's a lot of those people out there. (I'm not expecting it to be cancer, by the way.)
When I looked at the schedule to see whether I had actually been given Monday morning off--as requested-- I saw that I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE SCHEDULE. I was dropped out completely. They don't even do that (usually) when someone is on vacation. I'm sure it was just the push and shove and tension surrounding all that goes into getting ready for inventory. Because when I asked Friday afternoon about the schedule, the co said quite tersely, "We'll take care of that later. We've got to get ready for this inventory right now." So I just reminded him that I'd not be present on Saturday to see if I was off on Monday at the time I needed to go do my mammogram. He was nice enough to check his schedule draft for me and tell me that I was on it for two days next week. ONLY Wednesday and Thursday. But he added, You can have more if you want it. At least I think he said that because he was talking very low. But when he put the real schedule up, I wasn't even on it!! Oh, well that means the CSM won't know and won't sign me up for register duty.
I stayed up later than I should have last night, but slept for eight hours anyway. That, of course, means I didn't start my Saturday at the crack of dawn. But it doesn't really matter since I have ONE THING only on my agenda for the day. That's so I will get it done. After that I may add more.
Of course, doing this blog wasn't on it, so who knows what else I might squeeze in.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment