Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today Blake is Eleven!

How time flies.

It's kind of hard for me to keep in touch with Blake what with my work schedule not coordinating well with his school schedule and other activities. It has not been that easy to reach him by phone and he lives "a hundred miles" away.... might as well be anyway. It's really just an hour's drive, but that's an hour two ways, so there's no such thing as a quick trip to see him

I have to think ahead. And I have to know where he's going to be. Which changes... of necessity because of the situation with his little sister having to go for so many medical treatments.

But, I was determined to let him know that we were thinking of him on his birthday so I made sure I contacted his dad and worked us into their schedule. I asked Jeni if I could use her home as the gathering place because she is closer to his location-- whether he's in Madison with his other grandmother, or in Hazel Green where he lives.

She provided the facilities and I provided the "party".... and I believe we came away from it all showing Blake that he's an important part of our family.



Notice: at around 30 seconds ...Autumn the child who is not daunted by anything, grabs hold of Mommy for protection, as we sing this song.

No comments: