Saturday, April 24, 2010

A BEAUTIFUL Day

Friday was such a beautiful day to have such horrific predictions of bad weather on the way for the weekend.

But Friday was good.

And I got the rest of my grass mowed. And I got everything cleared out from around my A/C unit as Rick told me I needed to do. And I sprayed for awhile with Round-up.

Then I came inside and began doing some things that were waiting on me here. Some things I needed to do and some things I wanted to do.

I moved my bed around. That took some doing on my part as it's a huge queen size affair that is not that easy to maneuver when you get old and unsteady and have multiple places that pain you if they are put to the test. But I got it done.

And I looked up who might be on my health insurance list of approved dentists. (What's a dentist? It's been so long since I've been to one, I'm not sure I know anymore.)

And I called Kirsti and Kali and got caught up on what's going on with them.

This morning I went to eat with my brother and got a chance to see my (very nice) neighbor to ask him about who I might could get to dig out my creek bed to help the water flow. I didn't realize HE has the equipment to do it... and said he'd check it out in the next few weeks. (He's got other stuff pending that he has to give his time to but as soon as he can he's going to take a look.)

And Davis said he'd get me a gas engine weed-eater with an electric starter for my birthday. That will help with the stuff I can't get to with the lawn mower. (I have a weed-eater, but it's one of those you have to jerk the cord to start and I can't do that anymore.)

I have more on my get-it-done agenda for this morning. I have to be at work at one so I only have a few hours this morning to do some more stuff that is "waiting in the wings".

No comments: