In January the boss I'd worked for ten years-- He hired me in 2000-- decided to look for "greener pastures". Retail can be very stressful on management and where I work is no exception. He felt like he was never going to be able to "get it right" so he thought he'd give someone else a chance.
The one who replaced him is DEFINITELY working hard to "get it right" which, of course, means all the rest of us have to as well. Things like making sure we got all our freight out within 24 hours from the time it hit the floor have been changed to " all out in same day it arrives" even if you have to stay longer to make it happen. (That affects me more than some because it's going to throw me being late for church on Wednesday nights.) Recovery has also been put HIGH on the list of MUST-GET-DONE extremely well before you can leave. I have lots and lots and lots of little pegged items that all have to be pulled to the end of the peg hook. Before I wasn't required to get the merchandise on 2" peg hooks pulled out because they are so short. Not any more. That added a lot of pulling forward to my life. (It also adds more opportunity to RESIST reprimanding bored children who find fun in pushing it all back while Mommy is otherwise occupied. Saying anything to kids makes parents irate.)
Now, we're told also that the sweeping the stockman does is not going to be good enough to get the job done. We will need to get a broom before we leave and clean along the edges because the dust broom doesn't get everything. There's dust and small particles of dirt along the edges that must go.
I used to say I loved my job so much that I was going to me like "Miss Irene" who worked until she was 84. (She was part time by then.) But I don't think I'll be working til 84 anymore. As a matter of fact, the date Social Security gives me as my time for retirement to receive full benefits is looking better and better. (Although if things are bearable, I might opt to work part time. I like where I work.)
I have to be at work in an hour and ten minutes so I've rambled on long enough.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment