Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Very pleasant, relaxing day off


Yesterday was Sam's history class on the mountain. Since she had to come up here anyway, Jeni made my evening great by making plans to spend the evening, night and today with me. She brought supper with her. It was an adaptation of Sister Kelly's taco soup turned "casserole".... or whatever. Whatever it is called, it was very good. Tortilla chips, the concoction, grated cheese and sour cream. I ate way too much.

At church, this is our fast week for the sick. Actually WEDNESDAY is the day the church as a whole fasts, but Wednesday doesn't work for me because of it being FREIGHT DAY at work. It's tough enough just to get through it on a full stomach (with a very hearty lunch). So I adjust my fasting time to earlier in the week. From mid Sunday afternoon for twenty-four hours into Monday. So by the time I got home from work, I was ready for FOOD. (Hmmmm. Does that mean that supper wasn't as good as I imagined? I think not. It was very good, regardless.)

Anyhow, besides the food, I got to enjoy the company of Jeni and kids--all five. Brad hovering. Rachel being companionable. Jeni's pleasant presence. Autumn climbing. And Sam and Zack occupying themselves in various ways.

After they left around four today, I decided I NEEDED to just go ahead and drive into town and buy the items I could get ahead of time for my Thanksgiving dinner, especially since Kroger had turkey on sale for 69 cents a pound. I lucked out and got some other bargains as well. I also knew I'd have no more days off this week to do the shopping. This will be my Saturday to work.

Back home and NOW I MUST, MUST, MUST do a few necessary things before bedtime. Like sales tax for one.

But, I've had a wonderful day off!