Sunday, November 29, 2009

Another YEAR Almost Gone

Just think.

There's only one more day of November left in this year!
Then only one more month and this WHOLE YEAR will be gone. A whole decade of 2000's behind us. We survived Y2K. Hopefully we'll survive what is happening now.

On Thanksgiving Day I missed having Jeni and Jef and the kids. Jeni has always been such a big help to me. But my brother Davis jumped in to help out by bringing some of the meal which he fixed at his house. He made some delicious slaw and he made a sweet potato casserole that was more appropriate for our sugar intolerant folks. (Not made like the traditional Southern sweet potato casserole which is more of a sweet, sweet dessert than a side dish.) And he brought some VERY GOOD brown and serve rolls. (I'm going to have to find out where he got those.)

And, another nice thing-- for me. Sister Katie opted to have a Thanksgiving breakfast instead of a dinner, so I was able to enjoy having Josh and Tesia with me for the dinner. Not only did they come, but Tesia pitched in and became my "little servant girl" with a willingness to do whatever I asked. That was a big help too.

So, once again we pulled it off, even with me not having any days off beforehand and, of course, having church on Wednesday night.

My brothers were both with me. I got to see all my kids but Jef and Jeni and I was happy to have Blake with me. Caleb and Cathleen came a little later and spent the evening. So It was a very nice day all in all.

I didn't have to go into work until 12 on Thursday, so I actually got some time to restore order and relax a little bit.

Blake's grandfather made it home from Kuwait on Wednesday. He and Blake's grandmother wnt to Birmingham to see Brooklyn and spent the night down there. Brooklyn is s-l-o-w-l-y making improvements. She now has her feeding tube out and she did do some coughing on her own. I need to check on her some time today.

No comments: