Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Big Weekend for Me

That follows a big work week.

First I had this HUGE order that came in on Wednesday that I pushed hard to get out. It was way too much for me to get out alone in one day. I finished it up on Thursday morning and then started on resetting my stamp hutches. Getting the stamp hutches done was the major part of my latest reset. But there were a few loose ends to tie up. A few other products to move around. Some new labels to go in place. I had so hoped I'd get the WHOLE thing COMPLETELY done by the time I left work yesterday.

My boss, poor guy, was disappointed when I told him as I was leaving yesterday that I really was not able to get the set finished. I had told him earlier I thought I could finish it in the 30 minutes I had left from 4:30 to 5 if he wanted me to do that instead of more recovery. He really did want it to be finished so he agreed. I was covering fabrics from 4 until 4:30 but the fabrics lady didn't return on time and then when I rushed back to my department to finish, as is usual, the very place I needed to work was also the very spot some customers needed to shop. (It's amazing how much that happens.)

I would have finished anyway, but I knew Brad was waiting for me outside. I had said I'd be able to get out by 5:15 (since I was to get off at 5). If I'd had just a few more minutes I could have finished. Our "higher-up" keeps CLOSE CHECK on how we are coming along on these sets and we have to report our finish dates. When I left, I probably only had about a dozen more labels I had to put on, but there were too many folks in the area... I just couldn't get to it. I hated it. My boss tries so hard to do things like he's 'sposed to.

Anyway, I got Brad and we came home to enjoy a weekend of talking about where we are going to EAT-- eat breakfast, eat lunch, eat supper and eat snacks.... and what we'll eat again tomorrow. And where he will be going to church on Sunday and what part he's playing in the Bible School program.

Marvel of marvels: HE SLEPT LATE this morning. He's usually up hovering over my shoulder when I make my morning coffee no matter how early that may be.

But he just woke up. It's 8 AM. And he thinks it's time to EAT... so I guess I'll go fix our breakfast. I have a big day planned for us and things I need done here. He's not going to like it. I had him moving books last night and he said he needed to stop because he was "sweating".

No comments: