This has been another very full week for me.
A lot of the "fullness" has to do with what's going on at work. There's so much to get done there and we are being watched "like a hawk". Every thing we are doing is being scrutinized to produce an end result of perfection and high productivity.
There's no aspect of our job situation that is "acceptable" right now. So we are all working just as hard and as fast as we can to see if it's even possible to please our "inspectors". Right now we are not passing "muster".
It's very disheartening to have a boss who is working diligently to comply with every mandate and who is very conscientious about trying to do things "just right" and then have none of what he has done to implement those orders recognized as being even close to good enough.
We keep working at it though.
And I'm really praying hard about this situation. I know God's ears are open to the cry of the righteous and, by His grace, I live righteously so I am expecting Him to interject Himself into this situation "for my good" at some point. Meantime, I'm trying to learn from it what I can learn.
One of the things that we are being pushed hard to accomplish is to have ALL FREIGHT out on the day it comes in. It's too bad for me that our freight day fall s on a Wednesday. That has thrown me late to church at least a couple times and getting there on time "by the skin of my teeth" at other times.
This week also included Josh's graduation-- for his Master's degree. His uncle came up from Gardendale and he and I and Josh and Tesia ate together before the event. Then Uncle Fred went on home to Gardendale. Josh and Tesia went off with their other family to celebrate Ryan's graduation and Josh's at some restaurant in Huntsville.
I came home and, after posting my pictures, went to bed. Got a good night's sleep and then early this morning got a call from my boss asking me if I would come in and work ( This was my day off) I worked (hard) all day. Came home very, very tired and can hardly hold my eyes open enough now to even decide what I need to do before I go to bed.
I'll be having company for lunch after church tomorrow.
I am in the process of trying to upload a video of Josh graduation to YouTube so I can post it. It might be interesting to see if I could upload it straight to here more rapidly.
Looks like Blogger beat YouTube. My video is still processing there. When it finishes I will probably replace this one as it is larger from You Tube.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment