Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Very Special Valentine's treat

I picked up Caleb and Cathleen after work.... which ended up being longer than I was scheduled.  My boss actually wanted me to stay until closing, but I had already made arrangements to get the kids before that late so I only stayed until 7:15 or so.

On the drive home, Caleb asked me,  " Who is your Valentine?"

I answered, "You and Cathleen."

Cathleen would have none of that.
 "I'm NOT. I'm MAMA's Valentine."

I said, "Do you love your Mama?'  'YES"

"Do you love Caleb?"   "Yes."

"Do you love me?"  "Yes"

"Well, being someone's valentine is like love.  You can be more than one person's valentine because you can love more than one person and more than one person loves you."

Under those conditions, she was willing to be my valentine.

 She and Caleb are such good buddies that it's a treat to have them   They enjoy one another's company so much and play together so well that they are great fun to have.   It's so sweet the way they are with one another.

Caleb was telling me how Cathleen does when she goes to sleep-- I think he said she rubs a tag-- and then he added, "and when she's asleep, I rub her hand."  I think the tags she rubs are the ones that are on garments that tell the size and washing instructions, the little silky pieces.

1 comment:

Vondi said...

How cute! I can imagine her holding that little tag between her little fingers. Rachael used to rub her dog's ear. I was so proud of her for remembering to put her dog out to potty each night. Then I found out she liked the soft silky ear to be COLD. So much for that foolish pride.