After inventory our hours got cut.....
That's not unusual. I'm hearing a lot of people say, "my hours got cut". Having hours cut and STILL HAVING A JOB, is a blessing. At least when the company decides they can afford it, they can give you hours back.
So yesterday, as I was informing my boss that he may want to cut some hours off of my time today, because I was really going to NEED them on Thursday, he told me that he not only did not need to cut them, but that I could come in sooner and that I could work longer on Wednesday and ALL DAY Thursday as long as I wanted to.
I know he hopes that will make it possible for me to get ALL my freight out in 24 hours, which is the ideal, but I had the HUGEST ORDER... I can't even say since when because I don't remember when I've had an order as big as the one I'm getting in tomorrow. I always have a bigger order after we have a "good ad" in scrapbooking, but --WOW-- this is, like, ridiculous!!
But wood handled rubber stamps were half.... AND stickers.... AND punches.... AND albums and refills.... AND photo boxes.... plus a ne'er do well.... "personalize it " products.
I would have never got it all ordered if I hadn't worked on Saturday and got started. For one thing, with the EMPHASIS on not ordering too much, I have to check every item against what I'm supposed to have before I decide to order. That wouldn't be too bad IF that amount remained consistent even within a category. But, for example, with sticker one by the same manufacturer hanging RIGHT NEXT TO another, may be allowed to have 3 times as many. Some stickers I am only supposed to have two on the peg and order by ones. Others I may be only supposed to have one and order by threes. It jumps around. So I can't just go quickly through. I have to check what I'm supposed to have, see how many are there, and then decide. I also make the choice to order above the approved amount if I KNOW that particular item just doesn't stay in stock if I don't order more.
Anyway, this week is going to be filled up with "going to work"....
On Saturday, I trust I can get together with my brothers as we like to do that once a month.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment