Friday, August 14, 2009

What does uber mean?

Like I say, I google whatever I'm curious about.

I had downloaded this program that allows you to open up a tab while you're online and write notes to yourself. It has other features. It is called Ubernote.




Then I was walking through Hobby Lobby and saw all these new kids toys called Uberstix.








Light Bulb: Uber must mean something.

So I Googled it and found this on a message board:

"Hi,

I've noticed this word several times, but I've never found explanation in any dictionary.
Maybe it's taken from german language. Has this word the same meaning in english like in German?

Thank you
"

And this answer:

"dude i use that word all the time, it means like super or extra awesome or likethat, as in "dude that pizza was uber tasty" and "whoa, that was some sick uber air you caught dog""

More from the WiseGeek.

.

No comments: