.
Woof had a great friend.Our next door neighbor's dog and he romped and played and did everything together. They were inseparable. Smoky would sometimes eat at our house. Woof often ate at Smoky's. (He had the benefit of getting the broken bags of dog food from the store his owner manages.)
I experienced a very touching drama this morning. Smoky paying his last respects.
When I came outside, he came over to see me. He walked right up to me and looked right up with his big sad eyes as if to say, "I'm so sorry. " He was really grieving his loss.When I was walking the back yard to find a suitable place to bury Woof, he walked with me. As we dug the grave he stayed nearby.
I really wish I could have gotten a picture of what he did to Josh. He came up to him and actually lifted up his paw like you would to shake hands. My camera would not cooperate with me before he sat back down.
After we completed the burial and covered the grave and went back toward the house, I looked back and he had walked up to the grave and laid his paw over on it. He stood there for a while. Then he walked a ways apart and laid down for a long while.
What do you do when your best friend dies?




3 comments:
So sorry to hear of his passing. And sweet of his playmate to come over & pay his respects.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Could you tug my heartstrings a little MORE???
Waaaaaaaaaa!
You could just see the sadness in the dogs eyes. (no joke!!!) :(
Post a Comment