In the Old Testament those looking on from the outside would never be able to imagine the beauty and awesomeness of what was INSIDE the tabernacle--God's dwelling place on earth with His people in that dispensation.
And when people look on us today, they may see nothing but the outward appearance. It doesn't seem so "glamorous" or mighty. But on the INSIDE is where the beauty is. What God has done for our hearts -- that is reflected in our lives-- is awesome and beautiful.There is hardly a day that goes by in my life that I don't ask myself the question: How in the world did I get in on this? It is more than I can take in.
Sometimes I reflect on the reactions people have when they win something. They jump around, scream, holler, cry. They manifest all kinds of emotions. What I have is so much better than winning a sweepstakes or a lottery.
It is hard for me to take in that I have been given this wondrous opportunity to be a part of GOD's people, to have HIM dwelling in ME, to have the benefits of righteousness in my life.
Inside I do cartwheels just thinking about it.




1 comment:
Maybe the 'lack' of outward enthusiasm about our 'jackpot' could be traced to the realization of responsibility. Just as one would likely temper their enthusiasm with winning the lottery if they knew that they'd be required to share the money with everyone in their hometown. It wouldn't take away any joy in being chosen but their thoughts would be balanced with the responsibilty.
Maybe it's a bad analogy. But I think of it that way sometimes. Of course, that doesn't stop me from doing cartwheels inside from time to time either. =)
Post a Comment