
Each of us who are saved can think of some faithful saints who have been a great encouragement to us as we have waged our spiritual warfare against the devil.
One of those saints for me has been Sister Colleen Compton. She was already in the congregation when I came to Morgan City in 1969.
This sister has NOT had an easy life. I will not try to describe here any part of the heartaches and trials she has had to endure.
In my lifetime as a saved person, there have been many faithful saints who were in one way or another praised, given recognition, singled out for special attention, and in various ways lauded for their faithfulness. For whatever the reason, that was not the case with this faithful sister. She endured much quietly. And she remained faithful.
To me she was like a rock in a raging sea. She endured whatever storms came her way. She never lost her vision of the church or truth.
She has been a great inspiration to me.
I cannot tell you the number of times when things got rough in my life and-- at the time, it seemed to me-- there was no one who really cared whether I made it, I drew great strength from her victory. Only God knows how many times I told myself, "If Sister Colleen can stay saved, so can I. I've not come close to going through what she has been through."
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISTER.
I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU VERY MUCH!!
God will not forget your labor of love.
Great is your reward in Heaven.
Great is your reward in Heaven.




5 comments:
Happy Birthday Sis. Compton! I love her SO much! She is a huge blessing to me. SHe is also Very Special to me!! I love her!
Happy birthday Sister Compton!
YOU ARE A BLESSING!!
Sweet Grandmother.....I hope you see this:
I love you more than my arms can spread open! I love you THAT much!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Sister Compton! Yes, you are a great blessing!p
Happy Birthday Sis Compton! Your a blessing to us all.
Post a Comment