Saturday, June 9, 2012

Vacation Bible School Has Ended for the Year 2012

This is the first year in a long, long time that I have not taken my vacation for the second week of Bible School. Of course, since I've gone part time, I no longer get vacations. So, instead I was at the mercy of the person doing the scheduling. Some weeks since I've gone part time, I've been given only two days to work in a week. I actually specified that this second week of Bible School would be a good time to choose to do that again. It didn't happen. I worked Monday, Tuesday, AND WEDNESDAY from 2 until close. I was scheduled off Thursday and Friday, but was called Friday morning and asked if I could come in and work. I explained that I had children to pick up and take home until after 12 noon and that I wanted to be at the program in the evening, but agreed to come in for four hours in the afternoon.


After I got there, I learned that there was going to be difficulties on Saturday as well, so instead of the previously scheduled hours of 9-4 on Saturday, I asked to be switched to 2-close so that the person who has been sick would not be asked to cover fabrics as well as get her needlework order done on a busy Saturday.


So, altogether in the week I would have been glad to have gone to work only TWO days, I will have worked FIVE!! However, I did get to pick up and deliver the kids every day and I did get in on the program. And I did-- with help-- get the dresses made Friday morning that I wanted the girls to have for the program Friday night.








And I did get to have a special recognition of Lexi for her coming up NUMBER SIX birthday on Thursday, because I would be working on Saturday and could not go to her party.  (Her birthday was Friday.)






I actually went to bed earlier than usual on Friday evening: 10:30. So, when I woke up at 6:30, I figured I had had 8 hours sleep and that was going to be it for the day. However, I still felt a little sleepy, so I decided--since I didn't have to go into work early-- that I would just lie back down. I did and slept TWO MORE HOURS. That means I got ten hours of sleep last night. WOW!!

I haven't really had time for anything else this week.   I did try to keep up with some housekeeping, but not extensively.  Now I have a very messy bedroom to deal with.  Much of any spare time I had in the week was used to create or find clothes for the girls to wear.  Felicia was very nice about helping me out with having them wear dresses or skirts, but the problem for her was that they JUST HAD moved and all the stuff they had was pretty much still packed up.  She was still trying to just get the basics they needed for day-to-day living unpacked and put away and was trying to get boxes out of the way so they could just get through.  This plus the care of six kiddies--two of which are "babies".  She probably agreed to keep Cathleen and Caleb for the whole duration of the eight day Bible School so they could be there every day, when I think they would have gone back to their mother's sooner had it not been for going to Bible School.  And she did this knowing she had all the work of unpacking and getting settled in to do.  (They had just got moved in to their new place in the few days before Bible School started.)  

She really does an amazing job.   She gets up in the night with the babies, gets up early to get Tim's lunch packed, then has all the unpacking and care of the kids and house all day.   My biggest wish lately has been that I had more free time to help her with some of what she has to do.   She is such a good little mother and does all she can to participate in her kids lives.   Tim found a jewel when he found Felicia.  

No comments: