Thursday, May 17, 2012

There's Only So Much I Can Remember to Do

Evidently, keeping up with this blog is not one of them lately.


For awhile, I was distracted with Pinterest.  I was on it every night. Looking at recipes. I have a pretty good stash of them saved there.  But now I don't even think of it much.


And before that there were the games.  After work when I came in and flopped down here, I'd just play games:  Persian Puzzle, Rome Puzzle, Tibet Quest, Rise of Atlantis.  These were all games I downloaded for free to my computer and had a degree of challenge to them.  I never did get into playing the ones where I had to depend on someone else's interaction to get where I wanted to go-- like the ones so many on Facebook play.  These are all one-player games. Playing them was a whole lot like reading a book used to be for me.  I'd tell myself I stop at the end of the chapter but before I'd even realize what I'd done, I would start the next chapter and would decide it would be okay to finish it since I started it... only to do that over and over again. I'd do that on levels of the games too.   But I pretty much quit playing those games.  I indulge in Free Cell until my computer gets loaded in the mornings and I play a game of Spider before I go to bed, but that's about all at the present time.


 And I have also been trying to help out Felicia with the babies when I was available because the other (older) kids had games to go to.   But that's not going on now.


I can also say that Facebook is partly to blame.  Not so much because I spend a whole lot of time on IT, but now I have connected myself to so many outside news and information sources which update on my Facebook that I end up wandering off Facebook to those sites and reading what is going on.  Some of it's news.  Some of it's just other stuff. My Facebook account seems to have turned into a place where quotes of all kinds fill up my "wall".   I like a lot of them.  But I'm not particularly happy with the over abundance.    A lot of that's my fault.  It's not just people who put the quotes on my "wall"; it's other sources as well that I have "liked".   So going to my Facebook wall now is a whole lot like looking at a newspaper -quote book combined with a few tidbits of news about my friends tossed in here and there... but that seems to be minimal.   If I didn't enjoy having this source of news (even just in tidbits) about what many of the people I care about are up to in their lives--from east to west, north and south, I'd probably soon be "forgetting" to go to Facebook too.  But without this, I'd not know anything about what anyone is doing.   All I'd know would be the four walls of my bedroom and what is going  with my co-workers.


I am still working.  Work has changed completely.  This week I found that I actually was looking forward to going again.   The reason for that is that the job I'm working on now is MY job.  It is not one that corporate has laid down mandates for how it needs to EXACTLY be done or check up on due dates.  (Although if the DM or Regional Manager would pop in it would greatly matter if it was not done.)   We are having a lot of resets and I'm in charge of getting the clearance out and making sure it is kept in categories and is neatly done.   This is more like it used to be when I was the one who decided how to do a reset, before corporate sent out pictures of how they wanted every reset done and deadlines to go with them.   I have to figure out how to arrange the stuff and rearrange it when more stuff gets added (or sold).


My main focus this week-- though not my only focus-- has been to get the art clearance out.   There was a lot of it and it creates a crisis if it stays in the stock room very long.   It needs to be out where it can be sold.     But it was more than art.  I also had hobbies, jewelry, wearables, some crafts, some party, and some front end deletes to work in.  So it was a lot of stuff and it kept me busy all FOUR days that I worked this week.  Yes, four.  Normally, I'm only scheduled for three.     On Tuesday I did help awhile with Home Accent markdowns.  But that was just for awhile Tuesday afternoon.


Maybe the main reason that I'm not blogging is because when I find time to write now, I'm writing letters to Cathi.  She's managed to relocate herself to south Alabama and so I write to her whenever I write anything.  And, truth be told, that is probably the main reason I'm not doing blogging so much.  My writing time is going another direction.

No comments: