When I got up, I knew anything that got done at home this day would have to be done before ten o'clock because I had a very important wedding to go to at 11. I got my devotions done early. I took care of some "chores" that needed doing. Then I went off to the beautiful wedding of Josiah Farrell (now my son's brother-in-law) and Maegan Parsons.
![]() | |
| Maegan being escorted down the aisle by her Dad |
![]() |
| Mae and Josiah at the Reception |
(Remember what "they" tell you; whatever you post on Facebook anybody can get and it could come back to haunt you later.)
They had the wedding early because they had scheduled their Honeymoon flight out of the Huntsville airport for around 3PM. I left the reception soon after they did and came home for change clothes before going out to dinner with my brothers.
When I got here, I checked Facebook for wedding pictures and immediately my joy turned to mourning when I learned that Sister Cynthia Jones had just passed away. It was a SHOCK. Not something I expected to hear, even though we have been praying for her for a long, long time. Sister Jones is the wife of Bro. Eric Jones, pastor of the church of God in Charlotte, N.C.
I was to meet my brothers at 3:15 to go out to dinner to a place of MY choice because it was to celebrate my birthday-- which won't be until next Saturday, but I figure I'll be working then since I asked off for this one for the wedding.
I chose Top of the River and I enjoyed it every bit as much as I anticipated. I had been looking forward to their cornbread, slaw, greens, and catfish. They give enough for more than one meal, so I came home with my lunch for today as well.
Just got a call that Sister Mary Jo will not feel up to coming to Sunday School because of her surgery so I'm the substitute attendance taker and I need to get there a little earlier, so I will stop now.







No comments:
Post a Comment