And here it is ten days since I've updated.
On my last entry, you may remember that I kept Braxton because HE was sick. I think he was willing to share what he had.
So the next week I ended up with the cough... but the main symptom which bothered me was weakness. I just couldn't seem to gather up enough stamina to make it through my (work) days. I did.... Well, I almost did. On Wednesday (last) I did. But on Thursday I was begging to go home as soon as I got there and saw that all of Wednesday's freight was out. (I had been told there was going to be a stock test and I wanted to be sure all the freight got out or I would have been very tempted to call in on Thursday.)
When I suggested that I just "go on home" since all the freight was out, the co-manager said he "needed" me because there was a bunch of seasonal stuff in the back that had to be got out before the day was over and that he was going to have to take pictures and send them to the district manager to show that it was done. So all who were there pitched in and worked on the seasonal stuff.
While the co-manager was gone to lunch, I "whined" to the manager about how bad I felt and that I wanted to go home but he wouldn't let me. She said, "You can go home." Believe me, I did. I came home and went to bed.
By the next day, I was feeling a whole lot better. I didn't have to be at work until two so I had a little bit more "rest up" time. And by the time I left at closing, I really didn't feel bad at all. But I still don't feel like I'm all the way back up to my usual level of stamina.
I'm trying to lose weight, but the bout with the "sickness" set me back because I kept trying to eat for energy. So I had lost eight pounds but I gained back a couple. This week I decided I see if I could build some walking into my health plan. So far I've managed to walk four consecutive days. It's supposed to take 21 before it becomes a "habit". Habits make things so much easier.
I worked yesterday. And thought I was supposed to work from 9 until 2 today but when I got there, I was told I wasn't needed this morning. I was supposed to work from 2 until 9. The mix-up was a result of a marked through on the schedule. The printed schedule had me working from 9-4 and when it was marked through and 2 written in, I misinterpreted it to be 9-2 (with my hours being cut back). That's what happens when you change something from the way it's always been done. I have worked at 9AM on Thursday for a long time now, and it just didn't absorb in my brain that they'd actually switch me to coming in later. I couldn't change because I'd already committed myself to keeping grandkids this evening because their parents were out of town.
Tim had called before I left for work and asked if I could watch Daxton and Braxton awhile this morning, so when I found out I wasn't needed at work, I called Felicia back and told her I could. So, I watched babies this morning. Walked this afternoon. And I'll be a grandmother again this evening.
I'm liking my new part time status. It's not stressful. It's full of variety. And I usually work either three or four days a week. (This week, because of my mess up, I'll only be working two.) As long as I can pay my bills, I'll be happy.
So far, so good.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment