I am VERY THANKFUL that I enjoy my job enough that I'm not counting the hours all day until the day is over and I'm not counting the days until the weekend to be free from it.
Believe me, it does have it's stress points. I've shared many of them with y'all. But I have learned to pray my way through a whole lot of the stress issues and have made changes IN MYSELF-- with God's help-- that gets me through them with less inner turmoil.
One thing I've had to do was die out to Mitchi and realize I'm not there to do things the way I like. I don't own that place. It's not where I go to "realize my self-worth". Even the area I work in--and am "in charge of" -- is NOT "mine". Accepting that has enabled me to just "rest" when I got called away from doing "my work" to do things other places in the store.
I don't count the hours or the days until I leave, because I like my work, but realizing that it is NOT mine has also made me look forward to and enjoy the hours and days I have off. Even though I don't count down to them, I still can look forward and see that-- in addition to this job that I like-- there's another aspect of my life that is also enjoyable to me and I do have more control over what goes on with it. I can determine what I will use it for. I am in control of a whole lot of THAT TIME.
The drawback is that I have so many other things that crowd in on that little bit of time that I am continually having to make choices of which things I will do with "the two hours I have this morning", or "the four hours I have tonight", or "this day off".
It's a great life to enjoy your job AND also look forward to your time off.
However, I think I'm ready to start the tradition of saying:
THANK GOD, IT'S SUNDAY!
Sundays really are very special to me.
I get to be with like-minded people living out this gospel, testifying of the things God has done for them THIS WEEK, hearing exhortations, songs, and sermons that keep me encouraged and "re-calibrated" (as Bro. Randy says).
I think recalibration is a vital part of staying where we need to be. On our own, we tend to start veering to the right or left or get on little side roads. Coming into an assembly of saints and seeing the word in action, hearing it preached, being under the influence of God's Spirit to remind us or to put check on some things that may be trying to take root in us--- all those things are VITAL to our faithfulness in holding on to TRUTH and righteous principles.
Salvation is individual but it is NOT independent. God never intended for us to work all this out on our own in our own "prayer closet" or out among the trees in some setting of natural beauty. HE wants to direct our lives and He has set up the way He wants to do it. Left alone, even if we're seeking Him regularly, we tend to veer off in ways that suit us-- many times without any bad intentions. It's just human nature to be that way. Being with others who put God first, have died to their own desires, ambitions, and temptations, keeps us on track. (You're not nearly as likely to justify something if you're hearing good messages or testimonies of how other saints died out to the thing that is trying to pull you another direction.) God created the first and the best" support group" ever.
Dictionary.com
recalibrate: to correct a measuring process by checking or adjusting again in comparison with a standard
***********
Gotta go. I have less that two hours and I have to be in town.... which is 30 minutes away.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment