But nothing like what this article talks about.
I must confess, I'm a whole lot less trusting of people than I was when I began this job nine years ago. I have found that many times the ones who are most demanding and arrogant are the ones you really have to watch. They are trying to intimidate you into getting something wrongfully.
Anyway, I read this article and then went on and read many of the comments. Many of them told of experiences they had of customers buying something and returning the box with something else in it. (This age of easily available shrink wrap makes it easier to pull that off.)
The last comment I read I got a real laugh out of so I thought I'd share it. I can actually imagine this happening and no ill intended:
One of my managers had a story from after Christmas on year where an elderly woman walks in with a VCR box she recieved from her daughter. She said she didn't need it and would like to get a refund or credit.
He picked up the box and realized the weight was off so he cut it open to discover it was filled with cookies.
The woman hadn't opened the box and just assumed it was a VCR inside.

Can you imagine how that woman must have felt?
.




No comments:
Post a Comment