Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Year Begins NOW.....

The holidays are over.  That includes all the way back to before Thanksgiving because that's when things begin to go into "overload mode" for me. 

Things pick up at work as it gets closer to Christmas. 

Then there's getting ready for THE dinner at my house on Thanksgiving.   That works much better for me because by the time Christmas comes things have gone into a full tailspin.   But, even though it's better, it's STILL A CHALLENGE.  

After Thanksgiving, things at work just get more and more "exciting" plus I have to find time for shopping and gift wrapping and-- thinking ahead-- getting my house ready to be filled up with incoming saints for the Fellowship Meeting.  There's certainly not enough time after Christmas is past to get ready.  


Then the BIG EVENT itself, which is a time of wonderful fellowship and renewal.  

As soon as that's over, at work we have inventory.   This year our inventory was only two weeks out from the Fellowship Meeting.   As a matter of fact, the two Sundays after the meeting I had to work.  One in preparation for inventory, the other for the actual inventory itself.

But when that's all over, I can breathe again and think about the year ahead and what I want to accomplish.  

I've made up my mind that this year I'm going to lose a pound a week until I get down to where I WANT TO BE.   I don't like the looks of "thin"  (I've said many, many times in my life, "If my only choices were to be overweight or underweight, I'd choose overweight without a second thought").   But, hey,  I just have to face it.  I've "rounded out" even too much to suit myself right now. So I have begun my descent to lower levels....

At work things got pretty stressful on us.   We were getting quite a bit of close scrutiny from those higher up.   I did much praying about the situation.     My boss-- of almost ten years-- decided he was getting out and turned in his notice.  So, another change in my life right now is making the adjustment to a new boss.  He's been with us for only a week now, but my initial impression is that he is not going to be someone that will make me wish I had a job somewhere else.

Tesia and Josh announced to me-- on the day before his birthday-- that they will be making me a grandma again in August.  I am VERY  HAPPY about that.   Tesia just seems like someone who ought to have a child in her lap.   

That's my catch up update.....  

1 comment:

Omaloriann said...

Wow, I can't believe nobody has commented on this post, so I will. Congratulations! I geuss everone is on FB these days. Love & appreciate you much.